|Current Status of my SBR, "The Axe"|
They returned my forms and wanted the following corrections:
- Remove the term "AR-15" from the firearm description
- The two page Form 1 must be on a single page, front and back.
Here is the series of events so far:
- Purchased the AR-15 to be converted to an SBR (10/1/12)
- Purchased the short barrel and upper
- DO NOT ASSEMBLE IT!
- Download and fill out the ATF Form 1 (print 2 sided)
- Go to CVS for two passport photos
- Go to the County Courthouse and get two fingerprint cards ($10)
- Certification of Compliance with 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B)
- Submit copies for the County Sheriff to sign
- Received signed forms in the mail (about 10 days) (11/1/12)
- Wrote a check for $200
- Sent it all to the ATF (2 copies of Form 1, Compliance Cert, $200 check)
- Received the ATF forms back for corrections (5/1/13)
- Corrected the forms and sent them back in the mail (5/2/13)
The silly thing is, all this paperwork, is all to just add a shoulder stock!
--Hopefully not too much longer...