Quotes of the Week

“I have always been fascinated with guns. I grew up in America so granted, it is part of our heritage and it is written into the laws of how this country is run.”
- Joe Perry, Aerosmith

“I carry a weapon. I got a death threat a few years ago and was really scared. But I don’t want bodyguards. I am my own security.
- Miranda Lambert

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.”
- James Madison

“The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country.”
- James Madison

“The ultimate authority resides in the people alone.”
- James Madison

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer’s cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”
- George Orwell

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Good ones all, and the look in the pic is a good one!