PART 1: Tracking the Process

Gemtech Blackslide 45
Today I begin a new series of blog posts: How to Buy a Supressor

I am going to detail everything I do to buy a new suppressor for my Glock 21.

Before today, I already did several things to prep for this purchase. I bought a Glock 21, factory threaded barrel. I looked are a huge variety of suppressors, picked a Gemtech and finally today I said, "I'll take it."

The gun shop where I bought it does a lot of Class III business so they were well practiced in the drill.
  1. I filled out a simple ATF Form 4 and provided my Drivers License. 
  2. Five minutes later they had printed off, and signed, three copies for me to sign. They included them in a packet with instructions and fingerprint cards.
  3. I paid for the suppressor. Just the suppressor.
  4. They boxed it up, labeled it and put it in the safe.
--That was it for today. Next up: Two passport photos.

No comments: