On October 1, 2012 the effort began and it was completed on May 23, 2013.
8 months, 23 days.
Here is the series of events:
- Purchased the AR-15 to be converted to an SBR (10/1/12)
- Purchased the short barrel and upper
- DO NOT ASSEMBLE IT!
- Download and fill out the following forms:
- Go to CVS for two passport photos
- Go to the County Courthouse and get two fingerprint cards ($10)
- Submit copies for the County Sheriff to sign
- I received signed forms in the mail (about 10 days) (11/1/12)
- Wrote a check to the ATF for $200
- Sent it all to the ATF (2 copies of Form 1, Compliance Cert, $200 check) (11/2/12)
- Received approved form on May 23, 2013.
- Assembled the SBR.
--Next: I need to find the right suppressor for this rig!