My $.02 on Phil Robertson

Let me start of with a little YELLING!

YOU DO NOT HAVE A RIGHT TO 
BEING UN-OFFENDED!!

You do have the right to turn off the TV, or watch something else.

Other than that, you are just whining. So I guess I will have a turn at it.

You know what OFFENDS ME?
  • The Kardashians
  • The Jersey Shore
  • Honey Boo Boo
  • The Bachelor
The list is sooo much longer, but I thought I'd just list a few with the focus being on family. These shows have caused me to lose faith in humanity. They are soul crushing pieces of shit that glorify bad behavior and influence your children. They seek to amuse that rubberneck piece of your brain the can't look away from a car wreck. That shit OFFENDS me to the core.

So what.

I was actually starting to hope that the massive ratings of Duck Dynasty was going to cause the pendulum to swing back to depict families that love each other, families that are successful by working together and winning in the free markets. What!? Capitalism is good, working and playing hard is good!? People that respect their parents and love their children. And don't forget the, Oh NO, positive depiction of  Christians, firearms and hunting. Is this why they are going after the show so hard? I believe that the people bitching the loudest don't even watch the show.

Even the fact that a family has an elder with opinions like Phil is positive. We need to be able to still love and respect people with whom we disagree. This country has completely forgot that. Every family has that member. Is anyone surprised by any of this? Think of his generation. 

Oh and by the way, I happen to disagree with Phil on homosexuals. A persons sexual preference does not matter to me, unless I want to have sex with them! I'm straight, I'm not narrow. I believe in the rights of the individual. It's no ones else's damn business.

--So if you don't like it. Don't watch the show. Grow the fuck up.






No comments: