When Hobbies Collide

This weekend I went to a PEZ convention with my wife. Yes, that's right, I said PEZ convention.

She collects PEZ, I collect guns. She supports me, I support her. She has like a thousand of the things.

Anyway, a weekend in a resort hotel, on the beach, with my wife. Nuff said.

There was lot's of people there selling and trading PEZ items.
We were visiting seller after seller. It's a very social hobby. That's when I saw the PEZ handgun. I shit you not. A toy that was designed for kids to shoot themselves IN THE MOUTH.

Imagine all the executions that were played out! The firing squads! The pretend suicides! Fun Fun Fun!

I actually bought a functioning orange one. They even have magazines you load with PEZ for rapid fire action. I wanted the black one, but new in the package they were going for like $300!

"Ready - Aim - Fire!"


--My favorite ammo is Grape.

5 comments:

Laura said...

has she been to the Burlingame museum? it's kindof disturbing, but is like Pez Mecca for a collector, from what i understand. when i was a teenager my parents and i visited during a trip to California...at a boyfriend's behest.

http://www.burlingamepezmuseum.com/

Anonymous said...

$6000 on ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-1950s-Pez-Space-Guns-Card-Each-Gun-License-Specially-Made-Case-/130593396895?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e67f9189f

Old NFO said...

And that would probably get you shot on the street... sigh... What HAS this world come to???

ASM826 said...

Added you to my blogroll and posted a link back here. Your observations on this are spot on.

Phillip said...

To be fair... From what I remember of the taste of Pez, it's better used as ammo than as candy.