Quotes of the Week

"It dawned on me that I had the First and Second Amendments right there in my pants..."

--JayG

You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun.

--Al Capone

The fascination of shooting as a sport depends almost wholly on whether you are at the right or wrong end of the gun.

--P. G. Wodehouse
Count Hermann Keyserling once said truly that the greatest American superstition was belief in facts.

--John Gunther

I'm glad I didn't have to fight in any war. I'm glad I didn't have to pick up a gun. I'm glad I didn't get killed or kill somebody. I hope my kids enjoy the same lack of manhood.

--Tom Hanks

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

--H. L. Mencken

No comments: