Photography

This year I will be stepping up the photography on my blog. To that end I took a class last night on studio techniques and working with professional models.

The main thing I learned is that I really need to get a quality light meter. I also learned that there is a huge difference between a professional model and an amateur.

The class also provided a tone of advice how to direct subjects that are not professionals. This will be the most likely scenario for me as I want to take photos of people that are actual shooters in stead of models.

The class also addressed various types of release contracts as well. All great information.

I got a college degree in photography in 1980 and I am amazed how much of the info I have retained.

I am also amazed how much people will pay for camera gear when they are just doing it for fun.

--I guess you can say the same about me with guns.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Heh, people WILL spend square dollars on their 'hobbies'...