RIP Maya Angelou: Poet, Writer, Gun Lover

Saw this great article over at Breitbart.

According to the Chicago Tribune, Angelou told TIME magazine about her love for guns during a 2013 interview:

TIME: Your mother, she was your protector. She often carried a gun, she seemed very fond of guns. Did you inherit your mother's fondness for guns?

ANGELOU: Well, I do like to have guns around. I don't like to carry them. But if someone is going to come into my house, and I have not put out the welcome mat, I want to stop them. 

--So many people are quiet gun owners. Another reason why we're winning.

1 comment:

Bubblehead Les. said...

Wow. And yet, she was always supporting the Uber-Liberal Politicians who want to "Cancel" the Second Amendment.

Guess she never thought that those Policies would apply to her.