Let's recap the entire effort:
On November 26th, 2011, I began this series of blog posts: How to Buy a Supressor
Start to finish, it details on everything I have had do to buy a new suppressor for my Glock 21.
I did a lot of prep work up front. I researched and purchased a factory Glock threaded barrel. I researched various types of suppressors. I found the one I wanted and then a gun store that sold them.
- November 26th, 2011 I said, "I'll take it."
- I filled out a simple ATF Form 4 and provided my Drivers License.
- Five minutes later they had printed off, and signed, three copies for me to sign. They included them in a packet with instructions and fingerprint cards.
- I paid for the suppressor. Just the suppressor.
- They boxed it up, labeled it and put it in their safe.
- The next day I obtained two passport photos at CVS.
- Obtained two finger print cards.
- Submitted the forms for signature by the County Sheriff.
- December 15th I received the signed forms from the County Sheriff
- Same day I sent in all the forms with a check for $200 to the ATF.
- Wait... Wait... Wait... Wait...
- June 13th, 2012 I got the call from the Gun Store that the papers were in.
- Drove in, filled out the standard instant check forms.
- It is now mine!!