Randomly I will demand that one of my offspring recite the 4 Rules. They always comply, even my daughter:
1) Treat every gun as if it is loaded.
2) Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire.
3) Don't point your gun at something you don't want destroyed.
4) Know your target and what's behind and around it.
I don't mind if they role their eyes a bit as they recite them with a bored voice as if it is the multiplication tables. The 4 Rules are etched in there.
Once my son and I were headed to the range with T-Bolt. T-Bolt demanded to hear "The Rules" and my son recited:
1) To crush your enemies.
2) To see them driven before you.
3) And to hear the lamentation of de women...
--That's my boy...