WANT: 300 Blackout SBR Upper

Since my SBR was approved I have been thinking. Always trouble. I have a spare lower and a pistol piston that I was using prior to my SBR approval. Now that I do have my approved SBR Lower I have been thinking about getting an 300 Blackout SBR Upper. It would be interchangeable between the lowers. All the other pieces remain unmodified. They would even use the same mags:

I am trying to decide which one to buy. Here is the leading contender so far:


Advanced Armament Co (AAC) AR-15 Pistol A3 Flat-Top Upper Assembly 300 AAC Blackout (7.62x35mm) 1 in 7" Twist 9" Barrel with KAC URX III Modular Free Float Quad Rail Handguard, Blackout Flash Hide.

This is the size and feature set I want.

--Any recommendations from my readers?  Either of you?

3 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

Looking at that same set-up myself for my own pending SBR. YOu have excellent taste.

Old NFO said...

Nice choice!

Geodkyt said...

I don't think you can go wrong with an AAC upper for .300 Blackout -- AFAIK, they are one of the industry leaders on SBR and suppressed .300 Blackout AR uppers.

I presume the fast twist is for use with the longer, heavier subsonic loads? Seems a bit fast for the 125grain supersonics (IIRC, about 1:10" is perfect for those, although they work OK with faster twists).