Part 6: I Have it!!

It has finally arrived: 



Let's recap the entire effort: 

On November 26th, 2011, I began this series of blog posts: How to Buy a Supressor

Start to finish, it details on everything I have had do to buy a new suppressor for my Glock 21. 


I did a lot of prep work up front. I researched and purchased a factory Glock threaded barrel. I researched various types of suppressors. I found the one I wanted and then a gun store that sold them. 

  1. November 26th, 2011 I said, "I'll take it."
  2. I filled out a simple ATF Form 4 and provided my Drivers License. 
  3. Five minutes later they had printed off, and signed, three copies for me to sign. They included them in a packet with instructions and fingerprint cards.
  4. I paid for the suppressor. Just the suppressor.
  5. They boxed it up, labeled it and put it in their safe.
  6. The next day I obtained two passport photos at CVS.
  7. Obtained two finger print cards.
  8. Submitted the forms for signature by the County Sheriff.
  9. December 15th I received the signed forms from the County Sheriff
  10. Same day I sent in all the forms with a check for $200 to the ATF.
  11. Wait... Wait... Wait... Wait...
  12. June 13th, 2012 I got the call from the Gun Store that the papers were in.
  13. Drove in, filled out the standard instant check forms.
  14. It is now mine!!
 I am sure my whiny post on Monday is what did the trick!

--Now I have got to take it to the range!

10 comments:

Old NFO said...

FINALLY!!! :-) Go shoot it and enjoy!!!

osy79 said...

Congratulations on your silencer. Now how bout getting a sexy handgun to accompany it?

agirlandhergun said...

Big ol congrats to you! Have fun!!

JB Miller said...

I plan on getting the barrel threaded on the JR Carbine so it can share it. Might even buy a threaded barrel for my compact 1911!

MikeW said...

It looks like a prop from a scifi movie. Bad ass.

Gunnutmegger said...

From the picture, it looks like the sight picture is blocked by the suppressor.

JB Miller said...

Gunnutmegger, it does block the sight picture. It's still not bad.

Anonymous said...

Lone Wolf sells a set of Trijicon high sights specifically designed for suppresors

Anonymous said...

Out of curiosity...why do you want/need a silencer for a Glock?

JB Miller said...

"Out of curiosity...why do you want/need a silencer for a Glock?"

Because it is the gun I shoot the most and guns are loud.

A suppressor allows my to shoot in areas I would ordinarily be denied because of the noise.

Why do people have mufflers on their cars?