Part 5: Still Waiting

On November 26th, 2011, I began a new series of blog posts: How to Buy a Supressor

I have gone into detail on everything I have had do to buy a new suppressor for my Glock 21. 

I did a lot of prep work up front. I researched and purchased a factory Glock threaded barrel. I researched various types of suppressors. I found the one I wanted and then a gun store that sold them. The gun shop where I bought it does a lot of Class III business. Here is what I have done already:

  1. I filled out a simple ATF Form 4 and provided my Drivers License. 
  2. Five minutes later they had printed off, and signed, three copies for me to sign. They included them in a packet with instructions and fingerprint cards.
  3. I paid for the suppressor. Just the suppressor.
  4. They boxed it up, labeled it and put it in their safe.
  5. Obtained two passport photos.
  6. Obtained two finger print cards.
  7. Submitted the forms for signature by the County Sheriff.
  8. Sent in all the forms with a check for $200.
  9. Wait...
So by now it's been over six months. I was actually hoping I would have it in hand by mid May.

--I told myself I was not going to buy the next suppressor until I had this one in hand!

2 comments:

LostGirl said...

It's taking kinda long.

Bubblehead Les. said...

Time to call the Congress Critter. It IS an Election Year, and I'm SURE they want your Vote.