Another candidate on this list is the SRM 1216. It has the innovation of a rotating mag that actually holds 16 rounds of 12 gauge. Check it out at www.initialpointfirearms.com. It looks simple to operate and has plenty of rails for accessories.
Model 1216 Civilian Version
|12 Gauge Rotary Mag holds 16 rounds|
- Ergonomic, compact design along with the flexibility of a detachable magazine provides unsurpassed firepower, force multiplication, and tactical advantages.
- Rotary, detachable, high-capacity magazine holding 8, 12, or 16 rounds of either 2 3/4 or 3-inch shotshells.
- Semi-automatic action that self feeds following the rotation of the quad-tube, revolving magazine.
- Roller delayed action provides fast cycling and reduced felt recoil.
- An integrated picatinny rail combined with a three face hand-guard rail offers the shooter a broad range of options for mounting optics, sights, lights, and other tactical accessories.
- Pushpin disassembly and break open design allows for easy field stripping and maintenance.
- Ambidextrous receiver and controls can be set up for either right or left-handed shooters.
- Length of the 1216 model is only 34 inches with a standard 18-inch barrel.
- The NFA versions are 28 or 25 inches long, while still delivering a 12 or 8-round magazine.