Saiga Update

Tom was a natural at skeet shooting
You may remember that I was having some trouble with my new Saiga 12 gauge shotgun. It was a total Jam-Fest the last time. I figured I would do a full disassemble, clean and run a couple hundred more rounds through it before I took it to a gunsmith.

I took her out again this week. Tom is one of my oldest friends. We met in college back in the late 70's. He was visiting over spring break this year and one day I took him to the range for a couple hours of recoil and fun.

We took the Saiga and did some skeet shooting!

It performed way better this trip. I only jammed four times and always on the last shell from the magazine. Way better operation. We were hammering clay pidgins with that bad boy.

Tom was loving the attention that gun gets on the range. Manly attention!

He lives in MA. This gun is not allowed there.


--I will make a Republican out of him yet!


6 comments:

Mad Saint Jack said...

I've heard a few tips.

One use heavy loads (IIRC 1 1/8 oz or 1 1/4 oz).

Two lean forward into the gun.

(found here)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1fvjncwX8I

Broken Andy said...

What range is that?

Anonymous said...

Looks like Clark Brothers.

Bubblehead Les. said...

Wonder what Breda would say if you decided to OC the Saiga to her Saturday Night Party?

JB Miller said...

Yes. That is Clark Brothers.

http://clarkbrosguns.com/

JB Miller said...

Les, I would bring it once I get the 30 round drum mag!