Wild Ass An Idea #243

There was a great view on the balcony of the convention center where the annual NRA convention was held. Just in front of the Media room was the view below of this railroad bridge to no where.

You see trains no longer use this bridge. The near end In fact no longer even has tracks.

I wonder if I could buy this bridge? Enclose it, and make a 200 or 300 yard, indoor, rifle range.


What a great shooting club that would make. I would add modern, automatic, target systems. Remote monitors with close up views of the targets. It's big enough it could be multi-leveled, like driving ranges! That bridge is strong enough to hold tons of sand for a backstop and armor the range itself!

A restaurant with an observation level! A sweet gun shop!

--Wife! Get the Mayor of Pittsburgh on the phone! Stat!

6 comments:

Mad Saint Jack said...

Traffic would suck.

ZerCool said...

MSJ makes a valid point.

Aside from that, I look at BBHIS and think similar thoughts: high ceiling (less noise reflection), 650' indoor length, 350' width, block walls... It would be eminently possible and not terribly difficult to put in a dozen 200-yard lanes, a couple dozen 50-yard lanes, and a four-sides shoot-house to something resembling a real scale. Shoot house could even be two stories if you wanted...

Look around your town. There has to be an empty big-box store somewhere that would allow you to do some or all of these things!

Bubblehead Les. said...

Rather than a Railroad Bridge, I would rather have a Unused Railroad Tunnel. Target Range AND "Tornado/Zed Outbreak" Shelter all in one. Of course, I would only allow a few people to use it, so it wouldn't be a Commercial Range, but the idea of waking up, having a cup of Java, and strolling over to check out the loads for my Barrett while in my PJ's, ah Heaven!

Mad Saint Jack said...

I was trying to be funny before.

However, A bridge like that might have some sway to it, and that could be detrimental to accuracy. (I could be wrong.)

Ellen said...

Hate to bust your bubble, but I sat on the deck Sunday of NRA convention and watched a train pass by. It was really cool to watch, because I wasn't in a car waiting for it to pass.

JB Miller said...

Oh the Humanity! Get the mayor on the phone!!