My Next AR-15

I handled a ton of AR-15s at the NRA Convention in search of my next architecture. I am looking for specific features for my next AR-15. Weight is the theme. Lean and mean. Simple.

My current DPMS AR-15 is named Alice and is configured with the kitchen sink. It has everything: EOTech with a flip out 3x, a LASER, a tac light, bull barrel, drop front grip.

The leading contender for my next light rig will probably be a Smith & Wesson M&P 15 like the one below. It's a light 6.5 pounds. Add a nice sling, small EOTech, a drop front grip and it's done.


--Crisp and clean and no caffeine...

3 comments:

Steven said...

I like it!

Mike W. said...

I'm amazed at how small & light the new line of Eotech sights are (The XPS I think they are) My 512 & 511 sights are massive by comparison.

JB Miller said...

I like that my 512 take AA batteries. Most of the size is the battery housing!