Skeet Shooting

My friend Bets.
I went skeet shooting with my awesome friend, Bets. She has magic powers. She makes me invisible. No one sees me when I stand next to her! I call her "Bets" because she is a wicked poker player and it's shortens "Betsi" even farther. She is on an Adventure Jag lately. Last week she drove a race car on a NASCAR track, the week before she went skydiving, today we went shooting. Crushing her bucket list!

We went to the Bull Run Regional Park Shooting Center. It's located at:

     7700 Bull Run Drive
     Centreville, VA 20121
     (703) 830-2344 


It's open Wednesday thru Friday Top Fields from 4pm to 8pm, Thursday and Friday Sporting Clays opens at 2pm by Reservation.Weekends and holidays from 9am to 5pm. Closed Mondays and Tuesdays.  

We shot two rounds. Each round consumes twenty five shells and traverses nine different stations that vary in level of difficulty. The first round we did there was five of us in the group. The second round was just Bets and me.

The Range Staff there is excellent. Professional, helpful and very safety conscious. He was very good in the way he handled a n00b that actually swept his muzzle on us all, TWICE. 

I need to go more often. I was warmed up by the end of the first round. I was shooting her Remington 1100. I must say it sure is nice to go home and not be the guy that cleans all the guns!!

--Let me know if you want to go! I am planning on hitting Bull Run Shooting Center more often.

1 comment:

MikeW said...

Dude, I got to go there.