More Walking Dead

So I have been catching up on The Walking Dead on my Tivo. I am getting kind of frustrated because these people are idiots.

Here is what I would do:

  • Everyone gets an AR-15 and a high capacity handgun, preferably Glocks
  • 10 loaded mags for each gun
  • Get suppressors on all of them
  • Even children old enough to shoot a .22
  • Get a Brinks armored car, smooth sided, gun ports, skid plates, large fuel capacity.
  • Collect water, food, ammo, clothes
  • Drive immediately away from cities
  • Find heavy leathers, biker armor, gloves, full face helmets, all tough to bite through
  • This armor is to be worn while foraging
  • Foraging is done in teams, 1 forager, 1 shooter
  • Establish a secure base. Multiple layers of defense.
  • More secure vehicles.
  • Establish Communications, CB and HAM
  • Begin rescue operations
  • Pied piper operations, draw Zombies away with sound and vehicles.
  • Begin farming
--At least they could find some yellow pages and an RV dealership!

6 comments:

Bubblehead Les. said...

Even better. How many APC's, Up-Armored Humvees, Body Armor, Helmets, Mil-Spec Commo, etc are just sitting there at abandoned Check Points? And don't tell me you can't get fuel from all those vehicles just sitting on the side of the road. Heck, even a Dump Truck would be better than nothing. How many times have we seen on the news people evacuated from Floods riding in the back of a Construction Vehicle?

I blame the Creators of the Graphic Novels first, then the TeeWee people for "sticking to the Artist's Vision".

Anonymous said...

Issue kukuri's to everyone as well.

Anonymous said...

I like the "piedpiper" idea.

MikeW said...

Spear with a spike like point.

That Guy said...

While they have the yellowpages, find a dive shop and get sharkbite suits. Forager gets sharkbite suit.

Raid sports stores and get shinguards, forearm pads, football neck rolls and light helmets. Get cut proof fish scaling gloves.

I guess all the smart people in this Zompocolypse are staying WELL away from these morons. That's why you don't see anyone else.

Anonymous said...

I am a fan of the zombie theme, albeit the old and slow variety. Nevertheless, I'm always looking for the zombie scenario in movies, games, etc.

I find this series unwatchable. After the first year, a year which needed improvements, I was hopeful for the success of season 2. I have gone from being frustrated over some of the issues that you list to just downright disappointed.

It is laughable. I think it was written by the crew that writes Scooby-Doo cartoons.

I am done with the series.