|So close, yet so far away... --ELP|
More about the Blogmeet tomorrow.
At the gun show I found the exact AR-15 Upper and Barrel that I have been wanting. I was amazed that could pay cash and take it home with just a reminder from the dealer that it was to be used with a pistol lower or an SBR registered receiver.
The threaded barrel is ready for a suppressor. (another future project) As you can see in the photo the rig has a 7 inch barrel and the full upper.
I just cannot put it on this lower until I do the paperwork. I found the right form and instructions in the same AFT Forms archives as the forms for suppressors.
Here is the series of events so far and what is up next:
- Purchased the AR-15 to be converted to an SBR
- Purchased the short barrel and upper
- DO NOT ASSEMBLE IT!
- Download and fill out these Forms
- Include the SN of the Receiver
- Make and Model
- Your personal info
- Go to CVS for two passport photos
- Go to the County Courthouse and get two fingerprint cards ($10)
- Submit copies for the County Sheriff to sign
- Receive signed forms in the mail (about 10 days)
- Make color file copies
- Write a check for $200
- Send it all to the ATF