Love and Hate: Batteries

I have just gotten an EOTech for my DPMS AR-15 with a flip out x3 magnifier. I love it. Target acquisition, reliability and and accuracy are all excellent. The thing I hate about it is that it requires batteries.

Granted it takes standard AA batteries. That is good. Easier to find after the Killer Robot Uprising begins. My AR even has a special compartment that can store a couple spare AA batteries. But if the batteries are dead, if I get bathed in EMP, or any number of other problems happen, I would be hosed.

On inventory I have ten devices that require batteries. Lots of various kinds.

At the recent Northcoast Blogshoot One of my DOT scopes went dead. Luckily, my CX4 Storm carbine has excellent, spot on, iron sights. I am going to make sure that ALL my sight systems that require batteries also have reliable backup iron sights!

--It's not IF the batteries will fail. It's WHEN will they fail?

5 comments:

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

What gun for Killer Robut Uprisings?

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Oh, and it sound like you need BUIS and maybe Trijicon optics with their ambient light gathering capabilities.

Costs 2x of the EOTech, tho...

JB Miller said...

Killer Robots require heavy hitting projectiles.

Heavy rigs in .308 or hotter. The more armor piercing the rounds the better. Highest capacity mags possible. Bullets need to be able to penetrate .25 inch plate steel and higher.

JB Miller said...

Trijicon are awesome but very expensive. WANT! but not today.

Tam said...

I like CR123s.

They store for ten years. My flashlights use CR123s.

If you have a weapon-mounted white light that uses CR123s, it's handy to get an EOTech that uses the same cells...