|Current Status of my SBR, "The Axe"|
I left out a form.
He gave me the perfect Google search term "922g compliance" that resulted in the ATF form as the first hit.
Certification of Compliance with 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B)
It is basically a form to certify that I am not an illegal alien. I quickly printed it, filled it out, swearing on a stack of mothers graves that I am a US Citizen.
I dropped it off at the County Sheriffs office to his attention.
Here is the series of events so far and what is up next:
- Purchased the AR-15 to be converted to an SBR
- Purchased the short barrel and upper
- DO NOT ASSEMBLE IT!
- Download and fill out these Forms
- Include the SN of the Receiver
- Make and Model
- Your personal info
- Go to CVS for two passport photos
- Go to the County Courthouse and get two fingerprint cards ($10)
- Certification of Compliance with 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B)
- Submit copies for the County Sheriff to sign
- Receive signed forms in the mail (about 10 days)
- Make color file copies
- Write a check for $200
- Send it all to the ATF