- The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
- Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.
- Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.
- The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000. Yes, that is 80 million.
- The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.
- The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.000188.
Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.
Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do."
(Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept. of Health Human Services)
--Humor, US Gun Statistics, Apples and Oranges, Facts in a delicious trail mix.