|Spends $500,000,000 for nothing.|
2. "Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system." Peoples right to privacy is now an "unnecessary legal barrier".
3. "Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system." Bribe them to do their jobs.
4. "Direct the attorney general to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks." This could be a problem. Holder will probably identify gun bloggers as a new category.
5. "Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun." They need to be damn careful with this one. Why was the firearm seized?
6. "Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers." Save money and put it on the damn website.
7. "Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign." Spend an ass-load of cash for a non-problem. Spend the money on a tobacco campaign if you want to save lives.
8. "Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission)." Waste of money. It's what they do instead of something.
9. "Issue a presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations." Leave it to the professionals to decide what they use Federal resources on what cases.
10. "Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement." Remind people to do their jobs.
11. "Nominate an ATF director." Remind yourself to do your job.
12. "Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations." Make sure they don't risk themselves by rushing in.
13. "Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime." Because we don't care that five times as many murders happen with knives.
14. "Issue a presidential memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence." I am sure that will be impartial and not politically influenced.
15. "Direct the attorney general to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies." Because he can send that report to Mexico to follow the 2500 guns he sent.
16. "Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes." It does prohibit doctors from asking if you have guns.
17. "Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities." JB Miller is a libertarian with guns I need to report this! He has an arsenal!
18. "Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers." Wait... The NRA was right?
19. "Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education." Tell people to do their jobs.
20. "Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover." Why did this sneak in here?
21. "Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges." WTF?
22. "Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations." Commit to doing your JOB!
23. "Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health." Talk about all these crazy ass people! Maybe mainstreaming these insane people is not so cool.
This is largely a pile of BS to try to make people think they are doing something. They will continue talking about gun control, getting the media to focus on it, so they don't have to do their jobs. LIKE PASSING A BUDGET!
--This is starting to be a Meme.