Lining them up!

After posting about introducing people to shooting I was contacted by two more friends that would like to go to the range. A couple in their 40s.

They also wanted to know how to buy a hand gun. That is easy in Virginia. They were under the impression there was training requirements and that they had to get a license. None of that is required in VA. But they do want some training. Some from me to make them safe and familiar and then a formal class later. Even concealed carry permits.

Glock 19
They have read a lot about choices on the Internet and are leaning to a Glock 9mm. They want a tool. "doesn't have to be pretty".  They want simple, reliable and high capacity. I have a couple Glocks I let them handle. Love learned to love Trijicon Night Sights.

Before our Rang trip in a couple weeks they have to memorize these:


The Four Rules

1) Treat all guns as if they are always loaded
2) Never point a gun at anything you are not willing to destroy
3) Keep your finger OFF the trigger until your sights are on the target
4) Be sure of your target and what’s beyond it

The Two Disciplines

1) Muzzle Discipline:  Watch where you are pointing that damn thing!
2) Trigger Discipline: Keep your booger hook off


--I need some range time this week. Need it bad...


4 comments:

Broken Andy said...

Dude! If you're working out my way this week, drop me a note. Recoil therapy!

JB Miller said...

Some time soon!!

Sarah said...

I like the rules.

Old NFO said...

Sounds good! :-)