They also wanted to know how to buy a hand gun. That is easy in Virginia. They were under the impression there was training requirements and that they had to get a license. None of that is required in VA. But they do want some training. Some from me to make them safe and familiar and then a formal class later. Even concealed carry permits.
Before our Rang trip in a couple weeks they have to memorize these:
The Four Rules
1) Treat all guns as if they are always loaded
2) Never point a gun at anything you are not willing to destroy
3) Keep your finger OFF the trigger until your sights are on the target
4) Be sure of your target and what’s beyond it
The Two Disciplines
1) Muzzle Discipline: Watch where you are pointing that damn thing!
2) Trigger Discipline: Keep your booger hook off
--I need some range time this week. Need it bad...