Quotes of the Week

“The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country.”
- James Madison

“The ultimate authority resides in the people alone.”
- James Madison

“The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.”
Ayn Rand 


“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”
Ayn Rand

 
“That rifle on the wall of the labourer’s cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”
- George Orwell

"I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
- Robert A. Heinlein  


"For in the end, freedom is a personal and lonely battle; and one faces down fears of today so that those of tomorrow might be engaged."
- Alice Walker

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Sadly, the Madison quote is now OBE...