Atlas Shrugged

I always have a long list of books I read every summer. I mostly read Scifi and Fantasy. I usually toss in a classic for good measure.

I just finished reading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand again.

I first read this book in 1978. We were in the middle of the Opec oil shortage. The lines at the pumps could be a hundred cars long. Jimmy Carter was in the Whitehouse being indecisive and weak as Iran was daring us to do something.

It seemed so topical then.

Now even more so: The corruption in government, throwing billions away at industries that then fail, rampant cronyism, liberal progressives corrupting the education system, demonizing Capitalism, massive regulation, healthcare system destruction, terrorism, jack boot thugs in every division, taxes run wild...

This weekend I plan on watching Atlas Shrugged part I and II. I will post a review of that after I see it.

“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”
Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Please do, I've read the books but stayed away from the movie...