Quotes of the Week
- Mahatma Gandhi,
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes promoted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."
- Robert Ardrey,
"Gun control is a solution conceived in hysteria, born in ignorance, intended to foster complacency, and destined to futility."
- Sen. Warren Magnusson
"Gun control is the sweetest gravy train of free publicity ever invented."
- Sen. Thomas Dodd (D-CT), author of GCA 68 (much of which he copied almost verbatim from Hitler’s Nazi gun control law of 1938)
"Gun control? It’s the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. If I’m a bad guy, I’m always gonna have a gun. Safety locks? You pull the trigger with a lock on, and I’ll pull the trigger. We’ll see who wins."
- Sammy "The Bull" Gravano, Mafia turncoat, when asked about gun control in a 1999 issue of Vanity Fair magazine.
"We owe it to our ancestors to preserve entire the rights they have transmitted to our care. We owe it to our posterity not to suffer their dearest inheritance to be destroyed."
- Junius, letter in London Publick Advertiser, 1769
"A ‘right’ cannot be regulated. It is part of the power the people refuse to give a government."
- FCC Chairman Newton Minow
"A right is not what some one gives you; it's what no one can take from you.
- Ramsey Clark, US Atty Gen (NYTimes, 2 Oct 77)