Went Hunting Today

I went deer hunting with TBolt this morning.

Got into my tree stand about an hour before sunrise. I didn't have to wait too long.

At about 7:45am I was taking a break and had just quietly opened an energy bar. The crunching in my ears was so loud I almost didn't hear the footsteps.

I stopped chewing and turned toward the sound. I saw it moving through the trees. 

I got a bead on it while I was holding my energy bar on my teeth. It paused about 30 yards away. I shot and it dropped where it stood.

A second later a second one ran out and paused in the clearing as well. Dropped that one too.

The pic on the right is of the inside of the chest and clearly shows four entry and one exit wound. If you have a strong constitution, click on the photo for a closer look.

TBolt cleaned one and I cleaned the other.

--It was a good day.

7 comments:

Heath J said...

Mmmm... Meat. Well done

Anonymous said...

Holy shit. Great shot.

ZerCool said...

What gun/load?

JB Miller said...

12 gauge , 2 3/4 inch 00 buckshot.

ZerCool said...

Excellent. I wasn't actually aware buckshot was still legal in places. Looks like it certainly did the job nicely. :-)

JB Miller said...

Shotguns are required in the county where I live in VA. Population density is too high.

ZerCool said...

Shotguns are required in most of the places I can hunt, but buckshot isn't legal. Slugs only.