I purchased the JR Carbine at Nations Gun Show. The price was great: $549
I have now taken it to the range twice and ran a hundred rounds through it each time.
|JR Carbine - .45 ACP|
Here is the good stuff:
- The price point is excellent at $549
- It is easily, quickly, convertible to left hand eject
- The bolt handle can be on the left or right
- Controls are familiar and easy
- The internals are simple, I like simple
- The components exceed my expectations in quality
- My cheap $30 DOT scope did well
- I managed a free standing, 15 round, 10" group, at 50 yards, in 10 seconds
- It's .45 ACP! I could deer hunt with this baby
Here is the bad stuff:
- It came with only one 10 round Glock mag
- The single jam was using the 27 round mag
- When empty, the bolt does not stay open.
- It goes, "click" when empty. You have no sense it's empty
- To clean it requires 3 different tools plus cleaning gear
- 2 Alan wrenches
- An AR wrench
- You have to take the stock off in order to remove the bolt
- The Alan nuts rattle loose easily
- The bolt handle and lower Alan nuts are different sizes
- No storage in the hallow pistol grip. (for Alan Wrenches)
Even with all the negatives so far I must say I am loving this carbine. It has a little less recoil than the Beretta Cx4 .40 I have. I am very disappointed in the after market 27 round mags I bought. I need to find quality huge mags. I worry about how fast all the nuts work loose. maybe because it was so well oiled before shipping. We shall see how that plays out. I will withhold final judgement until the 500 round break-in is past. I am going to need another case of .45ACP!
I have purchased a suppressor for my Glock 21. I plan on threading this barrel the same. Not only will they be able to share mags they will be able to share the suppressor. I am so addicted to adjustable stocks!
So far it's a big thumbs up for the JR Carbine.
What are my future plans for the JRC?
- Flip-up Sights
- An EOTech scope
- A threaded barrel for my suppressor
- A good sling
- A quality hot green LASER
- High capacity mags
--Need to find a gunsmith for the barrel threading!!