Do you Have Kids?

I have kids. I love them more than anything in the universe.
  • If I didn't love them I'd never let them see a real gun.
  • If I didn't love them I'd demonize guns.
  • If I didn't love them I'd keep them from being safety trained.
  • If I didn't love them I'd make sure they never touched a REAL one.
But I do Love them. So I demystified guns.  I let them handle all kinds of guns. Showed them how to tell a real one from a toy. I taught them the differences in the various types. I taught them lots of rules. More than the classic 4 Rules.
  • If you see a gun, STOP! Don’t touch it.
  • Leave the area.
  • Tell an adult.
  • If you see a gun and don’t know whether it’s a real gun or just a toy, treat it like it’s a real gun.
  • Tell me. Even if it's days later.
Adapted and expanded from the NRA’s Eddie Eagle materials. Children should be taught rules as soon as they are old enough to talk. Rules should be added as soon as the child understands and can repeat the earlier rules.

--If you hate your kids support gun control.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

That's a good one and dead on the money!